Introduction to Governance September 2020 (moved from May 2020)
NEW DATE 23rd September 2020 (postponed from May 2020 due to Coronavirus)
We have carefully considered how we can proceed with our training for the new academic year to ensure your safety and wellbeing. For this reason we have decided to move our 2020-2021 courses, (that can be moved), including those postponed due to Coronavirus, to an ONLINE PLATFORM.
Once a booking has been made you will receive a confirmation via email, please ensure you include your email address at the time of booking. We will invoice your school for payment. Prior to the course commencing you will be sent a link to the online session for you to log into on the day and time of your course. Simply click on the link to join.
Using the Governance Handbook (March 2019) for academies, multi academy trusts and maintained schools as our guide, we aim to ensure you understand your roles and responsibilities in line with the core competencies.
We will support you to develop an understanding of key questions such as:
- What is the role of a school Governor?
- What is the difference between strategic and operational decision making?
- How can I find out more about my school?
- What are the accountability measures for Governance and your remit?
- How to comply with the code of conduct, and the Nolan Principles:
|Event Date||23-09-2020 6:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-07-2019|
|Cut off date||21-09-2020|