IMPORTANT NOTICE - The last 4 remaining sessions have been rescheduled from September 2020 onwards (see new dates below)
Children experiencing difficulties with Speech Language and Communication (SLCN) represent 1 in 5 children identified as having SEND in schools. Nationally only 15% of these children achieve the expected standard by the end of primary education. Research also show us that children who struggle to develop effective communication skills often struggle with other aspects of their life.
Support for children with SLCN can be difficult to find and is also expensive.
Our SLCN programme will develop a member of your staff to become an SLCN lead in your school, able to use screening tools, and deliver highly effective interventions to support children experiencing communication difficulties.
This training, delivered over 6 days (over a period of time) will cover the following areas of communication:
- Receptive Language: Supporting children with comprehension difficulties
- Expressive Language: Supporting children with expressive difficulties
- Speech Sounds: Supporting children with difficulties with their speech
- Learning Disability & Autism: Supporting children with additional needs
- Social Skills: Supporting children with social skills difficulties
- Moving forward
Each module will include a mixture of lecturing, practical exercises and homework assignments.
Cost: £1250 per person
Session 3: Thursday 24th September 2020
Session 4: Thursday 6th October 2020
Session 5: Thursday 22nd October 2020
Last session: Thursday 5th November 2020.