NEW for November 2021 PACE+ (Trauma Informed) Approaches and Everyone's Wellbeing
We are thrilled to announce we will be offering our PACE+ (Trauma Informed) Approach and Everyone's Wellbeing as an online course commencing in November 2021.
In recent times we have previously trained hundreds of staff across the country on the PACE+ course. 100% of the staff trained have identified improvements in their practice as a result of attending the course, which has an average rating of 6.9 out of 7 for usefulness.
Our series of 6 webinar sessions gives the opportunity to learn practical, evidence-based strategies in order to be able to work successfully with children and young people with SEMH needs, as well as strategies for everyone's wellbeing.
The use of the PACE +Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) overtime by key adults with a child or young person who has experienced relational trauma:
- Overcome blocked trust – developing a relationship in which the child or young person allows the adult to have some influence on him/her rather than trying to control the adult.
- Breaks the cycle of blocked care allowing the child to accept the care and support from the key adult and, as a result, stopping the adult from feeling rejected and ineffective.
- Helps the child or young person to become open and engaged to learning (by helping him/her to feel safe) rather than being stuck in a hyper-vigilant state of fight and flight or freeze.
Webinar Course Content
- The four cornerstones of a trauma informed approach
- The transformative power of feeling safe - The Polyvagal Theory
- From mistrust to trust - The PACE Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy)
- We need to talk about shame - The Shield of Shame and Vulnerability
- Wellbeing, self-care and organisational-care
- The right intervention at the right time - The Trauma Recovery Model
- Building on successes - Solution Focused Approaches and a Growth Mindset.
Cost: £125 per person for 6 webinar sessions.
Session 1: 25th November 2021
Session 2: 9th December 2021
Session 3: 13th January 2022
Session 4: 27th January 2022
Session 5: 10th February 2022
Session 6: 3rd March 2022
Times: 4.00pm - 5.30pm
|Event Date||25-11-2021 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||18-05-2021|
|Cut off date||24-11-2021|