NEW PACE+ Approach Summer 2021
The use of the PACE +Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) overtime by key adults with a child or young person who has experienced relational trauma:
- Overcome blocked trust – developing a relationship in which the child or young person allows the adult to have some influence on him/her rather than trying to control the adult.
- Breaks the cycle of blocked care allowing the child to accept the care and support from the key adult and, as a result, stopping the adult from feeling rejected and ineffective.
- Helps the child or young person to become open and engaged to learning (by helping him/her to feel safe) rather than being stuck in a hyper-vigilant state of fight and flight or freeze.
Webinar Course Content
- The four cornerstones of a trauma informed approach
- The transformative power of feeling safe - The Polyvagal Theory
- From mistrust to trust - The PACE Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy)
- We need to talk about shame - The Shield of Shame and Vulnerability
- Self-care and organisational-care
- The right intervention at the right time - The Trauma Recovery Model
- Building on successes - Solution Focused Approaches and a Growth Mindset.
Cost: £125 per person for 6 webinar sessions, (or book your place(s) using your Sigma Subscription Bundle)
Session 1: 29th April 2021
Session 2: 13th May 2021
Session 3: 27th May 2021
Session 4: 10th June 2021
Session 5: 24th June 2021
Session 6: 8th July 2021
Times: 4.15pm - 5.45pm
|Event Date||29-04-2021 4:15 pm|
|Registration Start Date||16-12-2020|
|Cut off date||28-04-2021|