Given the Coronavirus pandemic, we have carefully considered how we can proceed with our training for the new academic year whilst ensuring your safety and wellbeing. It is for this reason that we have decided to move all our courses, including those postponed from 2019-2020, and those scheduled for 2020-2021 to an online platform.
Evidence-based interventions to work effectively with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
Led by Ian Hunkin.
We are thrilled to announce we will be offering our PACE+ Approach as an online course commencing in January 2021. In recent times we have previously trained hundreds of staff across the country on the PACE+ course. 100% of the staff trained have identified improvements in their practice as a result of attending the course, which has an average rating of 6.9 out of 7 for usefulness.
Our series of 6 sessions gives the opportunity to learn practical, evidence-based strategies in order to be able to work successfully with children and young people with SEMH needs.
The use of the PACE +Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) overtime by key adults with a child or young person who has experienced relational trauma:
- Overcome blocked trust – developing a relationship in which the child or young person allows the adult to have some influence on him/her rather than trying to control the adult.
- Breaks the cycle of blocked care allowing the child to accept the care and support from the key adult and, as a result, stopping the adult from feeling rejected and ineffective.
- Helps the child or young person to become open and engaged to learning (by helping him/her to feel safe) rather than being stuck in a hyper-vigilant state of fight and flight or freeze.
6 x Webinar Sessions will include
- The four cornerstones of a trauma informed approach
- The transformative power of feeling safe - The Polyvagal Theory
- From mistrust to trust - The PACE Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy)
- We need to talk about shame - The Shield of Shame and Vulnerabilty
- Self-care and organisational-care
- The right intervention at the right time - The Trauma Recovery Model
- Building on successes - Solution Focused Approaches and a Growth Mindset.
Cost: £125 per person for 6 online sessions (or book your place using your Sigma Subscription Bundle contact us for subscription details or visit www.sigmateachingschool.org.uk/cpd-leadership/)
Staff from BCP schools (must be on the BCP Schools List) can access this PACE course for FREE due to funding provided by BCP Outreach Service (SEMH BOOST) in association with Ambitions Academies Trust.
Staff from Portsmouth Schools (must be on the Portsmouth Schools List) can access this PACE course for FREE due to funding from Portsmouth City Council's Inclusion Outreach Service.
Session 1: 12th January 2021
Session 2: 26th January 2021
Session 3: 9th February 2021
Session 4: 23rd February 2021
Session 5: 9th March 2021
Session 6: 23rd March 2021
Times: 4pm – 5.30pm
Should you have any queries, please contact us via the Contact a Provider option.