Given the Coronavirus pandemic, we have carefully considered how we can proceed with our training for the new academic year whilst ensuring your safety and wellbeing. It is for this reason we have decided to move all our courses, including those postponed from 2019-2020, and those scheduled for 2020-2021, to an online platform.
An Introduction to the PACE+ Approach for Headteachers and Senior Leadership Teams
Led by Ian Hunkin.
The PACE+ approach provides evidence based interventions to work effectively with:
- Pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs
- Pupils who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Supporting all pupils to be open and engaged to learning.
The use of PACE+ Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) overtime by key adults with a child or young person who has experienced relational trauma:
- Helps to overcome blocked trust—developing a relationship in which the child or the young person allows the adult to have some influence on him/ her rather than trying to control the adult.
- Breaks the cycle of blocked care allowing the child to accept the care and support from the key adult and, as a result, stopping the adult from feeling rejected and ineffective.
- Helps the child or young person to become open and engaged to learning (by helping him/her to feel safe) rather than being stuck in a hyper-vigilant state of fight or flight and freeze.
- Building trust: The PACE Approach
- The transformative power of feeling safe: The Polyvagal Theory
- What about when it goes wrong? The 4Rs (Regulate, Relate, Reflect and Repair)
- Learning: Teaching the social and emotional skills not yet learned.
Cost: £25 per person, or
Free to BCP Schools (must be on the BCP Schools List)
Dates: 17th November 2020
Times: 4pm – 5.30pm
Should you have any queries, please contact us via the Contact a Provider option.