Given the Coronavirus pandemic, we have carefully considered how we can proceed with our training for the new academic year whilst ensuring your safety and wellbeing. It is for this reason that we have decided to move all our courses, including those postponed from 2019-2020, and those scheduled for 2020-2021 to an online platform
PACE+ Approach Autumn 2020
Evidence-based interventions to work effectively with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
Led by Ian Hunkin
We are thrilled to announce we will be offering our PACE+ Approach as an online course commencing in October. In recent times we have previously trained hundreds of staff across Dorset and Hampshire on the PACE+ course. 100% of the staff trained have identified improvements in their practice as a result of attending the course, which has an average rating of 6.9 out of 7 for usefulness.
We are offering the opportunity to learn practical, evidence-based strategies in order to be able to work successfully with children and young people with SEMH needs.
The use of the PACE +Approach (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) overtime by key adults with a child or young person who has experienced relational trauma:
- Helps to overcome blocked trust – developing a relationship in which the child or young person allows the adult to have some influence on him/her rather than trying to control the adult.
- Breaks the cycle of blocked care allowing the child to accept the care and support from the key adult and, as a result, stopping the adult from feeling rejected and ineffective.
- Helps the child or young person to become open and engaged to learning (by helping him/her to feel safe) rather than being stuck in a hyper-vigilant state of fight and flight or freeze.
- The transformative power of feeling safe
- From mistrust to trust
- What about when it goes wrong?
- Teaching the social and emotional skills not yet learned
- Self-care and organisational-care
- The right intervention at the right time
Cost: £125 per person for 6 online sessions, or or use your Sigma Subscription Bundle
(please contact us for subscription details or visit www.sigmateachingschool.org.uk/cpd-leadership/)
Staff from Portsmouth school (must be on Portsmouth schools list) can access this specific PACE course for free due to funding provided by the Portsmouth City Council Outreach Service
Session 1: 8th October 2020
Session 2: 15th October 2020
Session 3: 5th November 2020
Session 4: 19th November 2020
Session 5: 3rd December 2020
Session 6: 10th December 2020
Times: 4pm – 5.30pm